Few Warnings Thanksgiving Stories Contest Official Rules
What They Hardly Warned Us About – Few Warning’s
Competition Terms and Conditions
Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
1. The prize is five winners being chosen to have their stories told on our What They Hardly Warned Us About Podcast.
2. What They Hardly Warned Us About and Few Warnings is not in any way forcing participants to be a part of the contest.
3. FACEBOOK, (and any other social media outlet) IS IN NO WAY PROMOTING OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS CONTEST. This contest is not endorsed, sponsored or administered by Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter (and any other social media outlet) nor are they associated with this contest. Promoter, winner, and entrants agree to hold Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube (and any other social media outlet) harmless and free from any liability in the case of any discrepancy that may arise.
4. No purchase is necessary in order to win.
5. Entrants understand that making a purchase from any source does not increase your chances of winning.
6. Competition is void where prohibited.
7. Entry is only open to United States residents aged 21 years or over. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter or any companies in the Promoter’s group of companies and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
8. Promotion commences at 9:00 am CST Monday, 28 October 2019 and closes at 11:59 pm CST on Monday, 18 October 2019 (Promotional Period).
9. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age, and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
10. Incomplete, indecipherable, un-understandable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
11. Multiple story entries are permitted.
12. Winners will be announced on the What They Hardly Warned Us About YouTube accounts AS WELL AS entrant's email.
How To Enter
13. To enter, entrants must, within the Promotional Period, enter their first name, last name marital status, and email address.
14. Comment on YouTube in the comment section under the selected video on the Contest page with their own personal story about abuse or any story related to abuse.
16. Must change the names of any person involved to protect the innocent as well as the guilty.
17. The entrant may use their own name
18. By entering, the entrant warrants that the Entry:
a. your email address and was created by the entrant;
b. is not forging the rights of any person;
c. is not entering anyone else’s email infringes the rights of any person or is obscene, offensive, discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate. Without limitation, entrants must not include (or include a link to) any content that involves malice, swearing or which may be defamatory or in contempt of court;
d. does not include (or link to) any literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, any audio-visual or sound recording, or any other item in which copyright subsists (Copyright Content) unless the entrant is entitled to do so. If an entrant has any doubts about whether they have the right to include (or link to) any Copyright Content in their Entry, they must not include it. By including any Copyright Content in their Entry, the entrant warrants that they are entitled to do so; and
e. contains no viruses or other computer code or material embedded in it which may have a negative impact on the Promoter’s website, this competition or any network or third party computer systems.
19. This promotion is a game of stories; chance plays no part in determining the winners. The winners will be selected based who the What They Hardly Warned Us About – Fewwarnings crew chooses.
20. Judging will take place at the end of each Entry Period.
21. Entries will only be eligible for the prize in the Entry Period in which they are posted and entered via the entry mechanism described at clause 9 above.
22. The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
23. Winners will be announced on the What They Hardly Warned Us About YouTube accounts. The winner will also receive a private message via their email with instructions on the validity of the story.
What They Hardly Warned Us About – Fewwarnings will edit the story to ensure proper grammar, flow, and sentence structure. What They Hardly Warned Us About – Fewwarnings WILL NOT change the details of the story.
What They Hardly Warned Us About – Fewwarnings may work with editors and the winner during the time before the story is to air to ensure that the story reading and flows correctly.
If a winner does not accept their prize within 5 days of receipt of their email, the winner forfeits the prize and the Promoter may, at its discretion, award the prize to the next most original and creative Entry. A new winner may or may not be chosen due to the time restraints of the contest.
24. Five winners will be chosen to have their stories read on the What They Hardly Warned Us About Podcast.
25. Stream to listen to the podcast, on any device.
26. Each winner will be responsible for their own stories and assumes responsibility for any backlash that may or may/not arise from having their stories publicly told. Again, the winner is advised to change the names of the players involved in their story. The winners assume responsibility to make sure this is completely.
27. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for the winner and/or his/her companions for their mental, emotional or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the Grand Prize. The winner and their companionship assume all responsibilities for their mental, emotional and physical condition(s).
28. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to not include a story or stories on their podcast
29. Prize(s) are not transferable, non-refundable, nor exchangeable and cannot be exchanged for cash or other goods or services.
30. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
31. The Promoter may (but is not obliged to) at any time reject or disqualify or invalidate any Entry that it considers (in its sole judgment) infringes these terms and conditions. The Promoter will have no liability to entrants in that regard. If this occurs in respect of a winning Entry, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to the next best most original and creative Entry – or not.
32. Any cost associated with accessing Instagram, YouTube and Facebook, Twitter (or any other social media outlet) is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
33. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
34. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
35. Except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law the Promoter: Is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on any computer system or at any website, or any combination thereof, including (but not limited to) any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s property related to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; accepts no responsibility for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in connection with this Promotion, or by any technical error that may occur in the course of this Promotion; and accepts no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access.
36. To the fullest extent permitted by law and without limiting any other conditions of entry, the Promoter may, in its discretion, terminate, modify or suspend this promotion. All entrants participating in this promotion at the point of termination, modification or suspension of the promotion will be notified by a post on the Promoter’s Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, or Twitter page. In the event of modification or suspension of the promotion, the entrant may choose to terminate their participation in the promotion at no cost.
37. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including their officers, employees, and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner, winner’s chosen companion or entrant; or (f) attendance at the Grand Prize.
38. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought if desired.
39. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at or for any story told. Medical advice can be obtained from any source that the entrant and/or their companion sees fit.
40. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages. Entrants should direct any request to opt-out, access, update or correct information to the Promoter.
42. The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram, YouTube, Twitter or Facebook . (or any other social media outlet). Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion should be directed to the Promoter. When entering the Promotion, you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook, YouTube, Twitter or Instagram. (or any other social media outlet).
43. The laws of the US apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the US.